We are proud to announce that we are a candidate school with the International Baccalaureate® (IB).
In our new Secondary School, from September 2018, we will implement the The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) for students aged 11-16 and the DP Programme of the International Baccalaureate (IB) for students aged 16-18.
BEPS recognizes that early adolescence is a critical stage filled with individual and collective potential. We are committed to caring for learners, listening to their voices, respecting their concerns, and engaging them in meaningful and innovative educational experiences.
Secondary School is designed to meet the developmental needs of young adolescents and to bridge the transition from Primary School to High School.
At Secondary, our students will continue to develop their Personal Attributes to become successful young adults. They will deepen their understanding and will become:
Why BEPS Secondary School?
- We have a 45 years track record of excellence in education
- We offer an ambitious curriculum (International Baccalaureate) opening doors to universities around the world.
- Our learners grow in a unique and welcoming environment guided by teachers who particularly enjoy working with this dynamic age group.
- Our teachers are mentors providing opportunities for individual feedback, reflection and goal setting.
- We engage learners in authentic learning experiences; working with artists in their studios to develop their creativity; climbing mountains to develop collaboration and resilience; and interacting with inspirational professionals: journalist, doctors and entrepreneurs.
- Our learners study Language and Literature, Language Acquisition, Individuals and Societies, Mathematics, Sciences, Design, Physical and Health Education and the Arts
- We encourage our students to stay connected to their own culture using their home language for different projects
- Our learners have differentiated, whole class and individual learning time according to tailor made timetables and varied subject choices
- Our Secondary school offers opportunities for Community and Service in order to develop a sense of responsibility and care for our extended community. Joining in Follow your Passion Projects, they will pursue their own interests.