We are proud to announce that BEPS International School is a candidate school* for the The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP). Our school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education—that we believe is important for our students.
At BEPS Secondary, our students will continue to develop their Personal Attributes (The International Baccalaureate® (IB) learner profile) to become successful young adults. They will deepen their understanding and will become: Inquirers, Knowledgeable, Thinkers, Communicators, Principled, Open-minded, Caring, Risk-takers, Balanced, Reflective
Why BEPS Secondary School?
- We have more than 45 years track record of excellence in education
- We offer an ambitious curriculum (International Baccalaureate) opening doors to universities around the world.
- Our learners grow in a unique and welcoming environment guided by teachers who particularly enjoy working with this dynamic age group.
- Our teachers are mentors providing opportunities for individual feedback, reflection and goal setting.
- We engage learners in authentic learning experiences; working with artists in their studios to develop their creativity; climbing mountains to develop collaboration and resilience; and interacting with inspirational professionals: journalist, doctors and entrepreneurs.
- Our learners study Language and Literature, Language Acquisition, Individuals and Societies, Mathematics, Sciences, Design, Physical and Health Education and the Arts (Visual Arts, Drama and Music).
- We encourage our students to stay connected to their own culture using their home language for different projects
- Our learners have differentiated, whole class and individual learning time according to tailor made timetables and varied subject choices
- Our Secondary school offers opportunities for Community and Service in order to develop a sense of responsibility and care for our extended community. Joining in Follow your Passion Projects, they will pursue their own interests.
At BEPS Secondary, students are supported by their mentors. They decide how they spend their flexible learning time, planning and setting targets and deadlines for the day and the week ahead. They learn to manage their time realistically. In the lower secondary years, they need a significant amount of guidance with this, but as they move into the upper secondary, our students will be able to self-manage their learning time independently.
Students design and carry out personal projects by setting goals and developing research plans. They learn to take their interests beyond a superficial level and dig deeper into something that really inspires or excites them. They also assess their work and that of others. Giving and receiving feedback helps them to become more competent and confident learners.
* Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its three academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) or the Diploma Programme (and in addition the IB Career-related Certificate). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes visit IB website.