- We have more than 45 years track record of excellence in education.
- We offer an ambitious curriculum (International Baccalaureate) opening doors to universities around the world.
- Our learners grow in a unique and welcoming environment guided by teachers who particularly enjoy working with this dynamic age group.
- Our teachers are mentors providing opportunities for individual feedback, reflection and goal setting.
- We engage learners in authentic learning experiences; working with artists in their studios to develop their creativity; climbing mountains to develop collaboration and resilience; and interacting with inspirational professionals: journalist, doctors and entrepreneurs.
- Our learners study Language and Literature, Language Acquisition, Individuals and Societies, Mathematics, Sciences, Design, Physical and Health Education and the Arts (Visual Arts, Drama and Music).
- We encourage our students to stay connected to their own culture using their home language for different projects.
- Our learners have differentiated, whole class and individual learning time according to tailor made timetables and varied subject choices.
- Our Secondary school offers opportunities for Community and Service in order to develop a sense of responsibility and care for our extended community. Joining in Follow your Passion Projects, they will pursue their own interests.
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) is for students aged 11-16.
The Middle Years Programme (MYP) is a challenging framework that encourages students to make practical connections between their studies and the real world.
The MYP helps students develop both subject-specific and interdisciplinary understanding. The MYP curriculum framework includes:
- Approaches to learning, helping students learn how to learn by developing skills for research, critical and creative thinking, communication, collaboration and self-management.
- Key and related concepts, helping students explore big ideas that matter
- Global contexts, helping students understand the relevance and importance of their study for understanding their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet.
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) organizes teaching and learning through eight subject groups:
- Learning acquisition
- Language and literature
- Individuals and societies
- Arts (Visual Arts, Drama, Music)
- Physical and health education
The MYP culminates in an independent learning project. Students complete a significant piece of work over an extended period of time, encouraging them to consolidate their learning and reflect on the outcomes of their work.
* Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its three academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) or the Diploma Programme (and in addition the IB Career-related Certificate). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes visit IB website.
At BEPS Secondary, our students will continue to develop their Personal Attributes (The International Baccalaureate® (IB) learner profile) to become successful young adults.
They will deepen their understanding and will become:
At BEPS Secondary, students are supported by their mentors. They decide how they spend their flexible learning time, planning and setting targets and deadlines for the day and the week ahead. They learn to manage their time realistically. In the lower secondary years, they need a significant amount of guidance with this, but as they move into the upper secondary, our students will be able to self-manage their learning time independently.
Students design and carry out personal projects by setting goals and developing research plans. They learn to take their interests beyond a superficial level and dig deeper into something that really inspires or excites them. They also assess their work and that of others. Giving and receiving feedback helps them to become more competent and confident learners.