- We offer an ambitious curriculum (International Baccalaureate) opening doors to universities around the world.
- Our learners grow in a unique and welcoming environment guided by teachers who particularly enjoy working with this dynamic age group.
- Our teachers are mentors providing opportunities for individual feedback, reflection and goal setting.
- We engage learners in authentic learning experiences: working with artists in their studios to develop their creativity, hiking through forests to develop collaboration and resilience, and interacting with inspirational professionals: journalists, doctors and entrepreneurs.
- Our learners study Language and Literature, Language Acquisition, Individuals and Societies, Mathematics, Sciences, Design, Physical and Health Education and the Arts (Visual Arts, Drama and Music).
- We guide our students to learn the skills to be digitally-literate, financially principled, innovative and adaptable and prepare them to navigate complex careers of the future and thrive in every aspect of their lives.
- We encourage our students to stay connected to their own culture using their home language for different projects.
- Our learners have differentiated, whole class and individual learning time according to tailor made timetables and varied subject choices.
- Our Secondary school offers opportunities for Community and Service in order to develop a sense of responsibility and care for our extended community. Joining in Follow your Passion Projects, they will pursue their own interests.
- We have more than 48 years track record of excellence in education.
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) is for students aged 11-16.
The Middle Years Programme (MYP) is a challenging framework that encourages students to make practical connections between their studies and the real world.
The MYP helps students develop both subject-specific and interdisciplinary understanding. The MYP curriculum framework includes:
- Approaches to learning, helping students learn how to learn by developing skills for research, critical and creative thinking, communication, collaboration and self-management.
- Key and related concepts, helping students explore big ideas that matter
- Global contexts, helping students understand the relevance and importance of their study for understanding their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet.
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) organizes teaching and learning through eight subject groups:
- Language and literature (first language study)
- Language acquisition (second language study)
- Individuals and societies (aspects of history, geography, psychology and business)
- Sciences (physics, chemistry and biology)
- Arts (Visual Arts, Drama, Music)
- Physical and health education
For further information about the IB and its programmes visit IB website.
At BEPS Secondary, our students will continue to develop their Personal Attributes (The International Baccalaureate® (IB) learner profile) to become successful young adults.
They will deepen their understanding and will become:
At BEPS Secondary, students are supported by their mentors. They decide how they spend their flexible learning time, planning and setting targets and deadlines for the day and the week ahead. They learn to manage their time realistically. In the lower secondary years, they need a significant amount of guidance with this, but as they move into the upper secondary, our students will be able to self-manage their learning time independently.
Discover and Personal Projects
Students design and carry out personal projects by setting goals and developing research plans. They learn to take their interests beyond a superficial level and dig deeper into something that really inspires or excites them. They also assess their work and that of others. Giving and receiving feedback helps them to become more competent and confident learners.