BEPS International School is an authorised IB World School for the Middle Years Programme (MYP), for the IB Diploma and IB Career-related Programmes*. IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education. We believe that this is important for our students.
Using The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Programmes at BEPS Secondary helps us as we aim for learning to be:
Applied in the real world:
- We make the most of industry connections to give an authentic context wherever we can. Career-based learning is more than a ‘course’ – it’s an exciting way to learn, whatever your age.
- We ensure every learner understands the potential pathways in life they might take, from a young age.
- We spot the opportunities for taking learning beyond the walls of the school into the outdoor environment and the city.
Based on thinking
- Developing creative and critical thinking skills is just as important as developing the program of knowledge in disciplines.
- Every learner needs to learn how to transfer what they’ve used in one area to another.
- Highlight the role of approaches to learning in well-being, particularly in learning how to self-manage and the development of healthy habits.
Interdisciplinary and project-based
- Authentic learning and work is interdisciplinary. Every learner should have the opportunity to connect disciplinary learning in rich, authentic ways.
- We need to support students in projects that develop research skills and embed academic integrity, from Exhibitions and Discovery Projects to Extended Essays and Service and Experiential Learning.
- We design and choose processes and tools for planning together, and sharing assessments between disciplines.
IB Middle Years Programme
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) is for students aged 11-16.
It is a challenging, internationally minded and concept-focused curriculum, which helps develop engaged and active learners. With specific subject and personal learning goals, it provides a clear structure to develop knowledge, skills and understanding whilst making subject learning more connected.
IB Diploma Programme*
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) is for students aged 16-19. Research suggests that there are many benefits to choosing the Diploma Programme (DP). The programme aims to develop students who have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge – students who flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically.
IB Career – related Programme*
The CP is a framework of international education that incorporates the values of the IB into a unique programme addressing the needs of students engaged in career-related education.
The programme leads to further/higher education, apprenticeships or employment.
Modern life places complex demands on graduates entering further and higher education or employment. An integral part of the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme is enabling students to become self-confident, skilled and career-ready learners.
* Only schools authorized by the International Baccalaureate can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme or the IB Career-related Certificate (IBCC). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org.
BEPS SECONDARY SCHOOL LEARNING
Transition to Secondary at BEPS
During their last years in the Primary School, our Year 5 and Year 6 children have the opportunity to spend some time with the Secondary School students to discover how they are organised and how they learn in the next stage of their school life.
Why BEPS Secondary School?
- We offer an ambitious curriculum (International Baccalaureate) opening doors to universities around the world.
- Our learners grow in a unique and welcoming environment guided by teachers who particularly enjoy working with this dynamic age group.
- Our teachers are mentors providing opportunities for individual feedback, reflection and goal setting.
- We engage learners in authentic learning experiences: working with artists in their studios to develop their creativity, hiking through forests to develop collaboration and resilience, and interacting with inspirational professionals: journalists, doctors and entrepreneurs.
- Our learners study Language and Literature, Language Acquisition, Individuals and Societies, Mathematics, Sciences, Design, Physical and Health Education and the Arts (Visual Arts, Drama and Music).
- We guide our students to learn the skills to be digitally-literate, financially principled, innovative and adaptable and prepare them to navigate complex careers of the future and thrive in every aspect of their lives.
- We encourage our students to stay connected to their own culture using their home language for different projects.
- Our learners have differentiated, whole class and individual learning time according to tailor made timetables and varied subject choices.
- Our Secondary school offers opportunities for Service Learning in order to develop a sense of responsibility and care for our extended community. Joining in Discover and Personal Projects, they will pursue their own interests.
- We have more than 49 years track record of excellence in education.
Day trips & Residential trips
Day trips are an integral part of learning at BEPS and are a key part of our curriculum. They give the children the opportunity to experience what they are learning about in real life and within...
At BEPS Secondary, Mentors are an important point of contact in school life. Our students and their mentors meet daily in small groups forming close relationships, planning and setting targets and deadlines for the day and...
Students are developing and discovering the world together with others and as individuals. Their emotions, strengths and weaknesses, backgrounds, dreams and plans all contribute to this discovery. Wellbeing lessons seek to explain important information, help students...
Thinking about thinking
Students bring their experience, reflections, culture and backgrounds to their learning. These aspects of identity colour the significance students give to and find in learning. Thinking lessons help identify and articulate what is valuable, beautiful and...
University & Career Counselling
BEPS International School: provides personal guidance at all stages of the university process (preparing and submitting university applications and tracking offers, teacher and counsellor letters of recommendations and mock interviews) assists in course selection geared toward...
See what our community says
Our daughter has again made marked progress this year, developing more organisational structure inside herself and so in her school work and activities. She is showing more and more interest in school and as parents, we are now feeling positive about her gaining in confidence and finding her place in the world. She has a remarkable group of teachers. They are interested, understanding, patient, creative and always highly responsive to any concerns we or our daughter may have. She feels safe, nurtured, encouraged, challenged and respected at school. This is a gift for her and for us as parents. To have all this in a school is rare. So, thank you wholeheartedly.