Last updated: December 2018
The information below outlines the information that the BEPS International School may collect about you from your visit to our website and how that information will be handled.
Who are we?
This website is operated by BEPS International School, 23 Avenue Franklin Roosevelt, 1050 Brussels, Belgium (hereafter “BEPS” or “we”).
As data controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, “GDPR”), BEPS determines the means and purposes of the processing of your personal data.
Such processing is performed by BEPS in Belgium.
The protection of your privacy and the security of your personal data are very important to us. We will therefore collect, treat and further process all personal data submitted by you through this website, or obtained as a result of the use made by you of this website, in accordance with the provisions of the EU Data Protection Directive, the applicable implementing national data protection legislation, and with any other (future) applicable legislation, including the GDPR which applies since 25 May 2018.
The BEPS website is defined as publicly accessible and password/login protected pages hosted under the domain beps.com. BEPS is not responsible for the privacy practices of external sites linked from or referenced by beps.com. This policy applies solely to information collected by this website.
We may receive your personal data in the framework of the execution of our business activities or when you use the Sites and Services which are offered hereto.
We may obtain such personal data because you have given them to us (e.g. by contacting us, by completing online forms), because others have given them to us (e.g. third party service providers that we use in the framework of our business activities), or because they are publically available.
When we obtain personal data from external parties, we make reasonable efforts to enter into contractual clauses with these parties obliging them to respect the data protection legislation. This can be done by obliging this party to provide you with all necessary information or – if necessary – to obtain your consent for processing the personal data as described in this Privacy Statement.
We may also obtain personal data when you interact with us (e.g. by completing forms on the site, by contacting us etc.).
Which personal date are collected?
The personal data that we collect may, among other things, include:
- standard identification and contact data (e.g. name, address (private/work), phone number (private / work), e-mail address (private / work), country of residence)
- electronic identification data (e.g. IP address, browser type, cookie identifiers, …);
- employment and educational data (e.g. organisation you work for, job title, qualifications, …);
- visit data (store visited, date of the visit, …)
- data about how you interact with us (e.g. when you contact us through online forms) and other similar information
- camera images
The legal grounds for processing your data
We process your personal data for the purposes mentioned above:
- when necessary for the performance of contracts to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- when necessary for compliance with our legal obligations;
- for the purposes of the legitimate interests of BEPS and/or of a third party, including (but not limited to) our business activities, client and supplier management etc.
- If we have the legal obligation to obtain your free, informed, specific and unambiguous consent to process your personal data for certain purposes (e.g. specific direct e-marketing or market research activities), we will only process your data for such purposes to the extent that we have obtained such consent from you.
How do we use your data?
We only process your personal data for legitimate business reasons. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- Administration of our customer database
- Customer and supplier management
- Orders management
- Management of your questions, comments or queries
- The provision of information on our company, its products, services and activities;
- The good organisation of our services;
- Direct marketing and sales;
- Dealing with enquiries, requests and complaints of customers, suppliers, consumers and stores visitors;
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Aggregation and anonymising of personal data for statistical/analytical purposes
When you view this website, some information may be stored on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “cookie” or similar file and will allow the website to tailor the experience to your interests and preferences.
We retain cookies for as long as needed for their purpose.
You can prevent the setting of cookies. Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other sites that you visit.
With most Internet browsers, cookies can be blocked or erased after visiting a website by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Some aspects of this website may not function properly if your browser is set to block cookies.
The cookies we set
- Necessary for the operation of the site
- Certain cookies are necessary for the operation of the site. For example, certain cookies are used to help keep track of your session status. This makes it possible for you to stay logged into the site as you move from page to page.
- User Preferences
- Third party cookies
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of our website, so we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
Use of Text and Images
If you would like to publish information that you find on our website, please send your request to email@example.com . Downloading any photos of students or community members from our website is not authorised. Information about using our logo is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org .
BEPS takes every precaution to protect users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via this website, it is encrypted and remains secure during all stages of transmission. The School complies with all Belgian legislation requiring safeguards on specific types of information.
How do we protect your personal information?
Appropriate administrative, technical and organisational measures will be taken to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data and to protect your personal data against accidental loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and accidental or unauthorised destruction. These measures include:
- training to relevant staff to ensure they are aware of our privacy obligations when handling personal data;
- administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal data on a ‘need to know’ basis;
- technological security measures, including fire walls, encryption and anti-virus software;
- physical security measures, such as staff security badges to access our premises, office spaces which are closed, and so on.
Sharing and transfers of personal data
We do not pass on your information to any other third party, with the possible exception of any other third party in case it is relevant for the purposes outlines in the “How do we use your data?” section above.
The confidentiality of your personal data will be guaranteed.
For the purposes mentioned above, it could be necessary that some of your personal data are transferred to organisations located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) whose laws may not provide the same level of data protection. This may for example occur in the framework of the various teaching and learning applications which we use and whose providers and subprocessors may be based outside the EEA.
For such transfers of personal data outside the EEA, BEPS has implemented appropriate safeguards in line with the applicable data protection legislation. More information on these transfers and appropriate safeguards can be requested from the BEPS Data Protection Lead.
The rights which you may have under applicable data protection legislation are:
- Right to object – the right to object at any time to the processing activities for which we rely on the legitimate interests of BEPS. In that event, we will immediately cease the processing activities unless there would exist compelling legitimate grounds for further processing. You will for instance be able to object to the processing of your personal data in the event of an unsuccessful application. In that event, we will delete your personal date immediately and cease any further processing.
- Right to information and access – to request access to and a copy of the personal data BEPS holds on you, as well as the right to information about relevant aspects of the data processing by BEPS. This Notice serves to inform you thereon but contact us if you have any questions.
- Right to rectification – to correct inaccurate personal data or to complete incomplete personal data.
- Right to erasure – to request the deletion or removal of personal data in specific circumstances, for example if your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes pursued by BEPS, or if there is no longer a legal ground for the data processing.
- Right to restriction of the way in which we process your personal data, – if you would contest the processing or the correctness of the personal data, or if you wish to keep certain personal data in view of a possible legal claim, while we no longer need the personal data for the purposes mentioned above…
- Right to data portability – to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used format and to transmit it or have it transmitted to another international school.
- Right not to be subject to automated individual decision-making – the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you. Automated decisions are defined as decisions about individuals that are based solely on the automated processing of data and that produce legal effects that significantly affect the individuals involved. As a rule, your personal data will not be used for automated decision-making. Consequently, we do not base any decisions about your application solely on automated processing of your personal data.
The first point of contact in connection with the processing of personal data and the exercise of the rights described below is the BEPS Data Protection Lead email@example.com). BEPS shall respond to such requests and may or may not act upon them, in principle within a period of one month, all in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
In addition, you also have the right to contact or file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
Data Protection Authority
Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels
You can contact us at any time for assistance on your application or regarding the management of your application.
Changes to this Privacy Notice