Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator.
In line with the school vision, mission, culture and values, the Facilities and
Maintenance Coordinator is accountable to the School Director and reports directly to herJob Description summary:
The Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator ensures the smooth operation, maintenance,
cleanliness, and safety of our school buildings and playgrounds to ensure a clean and fit-for-
purpose environment. He/she will monitor, manage maintenance tasks and coordinate repairs, internally or with external suppliers. He/she leads, works together with and coordinates a team of school concierges and cleaners to ensure the cleanliness of the property, to manage furniture and supplies and to set up rooms for events. To ensure the implementation of emergency preparedness measures, he/she will organise and conduct regular emergency drills to ensure the safety of students, staff, and visitors in0 various emergency scenarios.
– Establish and implement a preventive maintenance program to keep equipment running smoothly.
– Establish team schedules throughout the year, taking into account workload and school vacation periods.
– Work with external service providers to plan and carry out necessary repairs, replacements and upgrades.
– Manage maintenance and servicing contracts, negotiate terms and conditions and ensure contractual commitments are met.
– Plan and coordinate facility activities, including moves, refits, renovations and new equipment installations.
– Manage supplier relations and resolve any problems or disputes that may arise.
– Ensure that all facilities comply with current safety, health and environmental standards.
– Coordinate safety inspections and internal audits to identify potential risks and implement corrective measures.
– Collaborate with safety departments to manage safety issues and emergency situations.
On the one hand, this will involve ensuring that the school is in impeccable condition at all times, maintaining good collaboration with the teams, and on the other, being proactive in response to the organization’s needs in terms of maintenance, cleanliness and safety.
The coordinator will be in regular contact with the company’s suppliers. He/she will manage the smooth delivery of materials, and the planning and tasks of his/her team. He or she will supervise the necessary work, and be responsible for monitoring supplier contracts, periodic inspections and maintenance.
As member of an international organisation, they are he/she is sensitive to the needs of the
children , parents and staff of all nationalities and cultures and treat everyone with the same
courtesy, understanding and respect.